Followers

Friday 16 March 2018

Guest Designing at CAS Watercolor - Challenge Reminder!



Hi friends!
I'm here with my reminder card for the current "Garden" challenge at CAS Water colour where I have the great joy to be guest designer for the month of March. You can read all about the challenge HERE, don't miss any of the stunning DT creations! Thank you Loll and CAS Water colour team for having me, I really enjoyed making my cards for the challenge!

In my card I've used a floral stamp from my stash, the maker of the stamp is unfortunately unknown, I haven't kept the package. I really love the "messy" look of the image and came to think this would be very fun to color in with layering distress inks. I used my Misti in this technique: I stamped the image multiple times with different shades of yellow and brown ink and "diluted"the outlines with water and paint brush. I think I did this 4 times all together, ending with an outline I did not dilute but kept all the detail. I especially like how the the top flower turned out, the bottom one was my first attempt and with the top one I was more at home with the technique already! :) I finished the look with gold and white paint splatters. The Finnish sentiment is heat embossed with gold powder. 

Thanks for popping by and I hope to see you joining CAS Water Colour!

11 comments:

Loll said...

Your card is gorgeous Nonni! I love the technique you've used to add the different shades of neutrals to these beautiful blooms. Great design with the flowers in the opposite corners. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Watercolour!! xx

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card - the watercolored blooms in the opposing corners are just lovely!

nancy littrell said...

I loved how your repeat MISTI stamping technique turned out on your beautiful sprays of flowers, Nonni. A wonderful CAS design with your neutral watercoloured flowers in opposite corners. TFS and so pleased you joined us this month as our Guest Designer. Happy Spring...Hugs..

Bonnie said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Nonni! Love the shades of yellow and brown, your blending of the colors and the fabulous layout! Thanks so much for joining our team at CAS Watercolour this month!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous card Nonni, such beautiful colours :)

Pat said...

This monochromatic look is so pretty Nonni, and I adore the pretty edge to the card. Beautifully done! x

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on guesting with this beautiful and elegant card x

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Nonni ... the sketchy look of those blooms is fabulous with the loose watercolouring ... so very pretty! You've been a fabulous GD at CAS Watercolour! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the flowers that you chose and the gold is just amazing!! STUNNING design!

Papercraft Boutique said...

An organic-looking and very pretty card, Nonni! You used a "messy" look image stamp, but you managed to keep the card CAS - such a great design! Adding the different shades of neutrals really worked well for these beautiful flowers. Hideko xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

So pretty....love the monochromatic look, adds an elegant feel to your card.
xx Karen